Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Lessons Learned from New-to-online Instructor

Pushing Through The Perils of Teaching Online

August 27, 2012, 11:00 am
...This was unfamiliar territory. In my march toward tenure, I had consistently received stellar teaching evaluations. I throw myself into classes and experiment with new material, techniques and technologies. I work at learning the strengths and weaknesses of my students, always making time for them and learning about their aspirations. That has paid off, not only with tenure but with an award as the college journalism and mass communication teacher of the year.
I bring that up to offer perspective, not to boast. On the one hand, I was being told I was among the best of the best teachers. On the other hand, many students told me I was a failure online."

Read the full story...

No comments: